A simple and delicious lemon yogurt cake made in just one bowl and comes together in less than an hour. Enjoy this snack cake for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Pairs perfectly with coffee and tea.
How to make this Lemon Yogurt Cake
This light and airy lemon yogurt cake is perfect for days that you need a little extra sunshine and can be prepared and then enjoyed all week with your coffee or tea.
You are just seven ingredients away from a luscious moist slice of heaven.
Here’s what you need:
- eggs – this recipe was tested with large organic brown eggs
- white cane sugar
- lemons – zest and juice
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil – or olive oil will also work
- plain yogurt – this recipe was tested with plain greek yogurt
- self rising flour – or add 3 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt to your all purpose flour
Commonly Asked Questions
The yogurt helps to keep the cake moist and adds a bit of tanginess.
We like to use plain greek yogurt in baked goods.
To make your own self rising flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to every cup of all purpose flour.
Enjoy more recipes by Alyssa Olla, like this Easy Roasted Eggplant and Halloumi Flatbread perfect for a weeknight dinner!
One Bowl Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Mixer or Mixing Bowl
- 2 eggs large
- 1 ¼ cups white cane sugar
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 cups self rising flour see above for notes on how to make your own
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350° F or 180° C and grease your bundt pan.
- In a bowl of a stand alone mixer using the whisk attachment or in a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Add in the yogurt and oil and mix until combined. Finally add the self rising flour and mix until no dry spots remain. *Try not to over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake the cake for 40-45 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting the cake onto a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- Slice and serve once cooled.